Why do Pre-Employment Medicals?
- Identify high risk candidates before they are your responsibility.
- Help you manage your OHS risks and responsibilities.
- Assess the physical ability of a candidate to perform a job.
- Identify past or current injury or illness that might be affected by the job.
What is involved in a Pre Employment Medical?
- Detailed Questionnaire – photo ID, current health status, occupational and medical history, previous accidents for example Motor Vehicle Accidents, previous workers compensation claims, and any problems experienced due to chemicals, dust and certain foods.
- Preliminary Screening – BMI, pulse and blood pressure, visual testing, and routine urine analysis for blood glucose and protein.
- Medical Assessment – conducted by an occupational medical practitioner who will explore and discuss all relevant aspects of the candidates medical and occupational history and perform a detailed physical examination.
- Report – The occupational medical practitioner will provide a report that includes a recommendation on the candidates medical suitability for the specific role and the risk of aggravating a pre-existing condition or developing a new condition. You will receive the report within 24 hours, unless pending results or further investigations.
We can tailor our services to your requirements whether they be industry specific or tailored to your individual business needs.
Other services we provide:
- Physical Fitness and Functional Assessments by our Team of Physiotherapists
- Audiometry and Spirometry
- Urine Drug Screening and Alcohol breathalyser
- Pathology Testing and Vaccinations
Industry Specific Medicals
- Rail Medicals (Cat 1, 2 and 3)
- Hazardous Substances – Asbestos, Pesticides, lead.
- Confined Spaces
- Aviation Medicals
We are conveniently located at 561 Botany Road, Waterloo and 36 Cowper Street, Parramatta within easy walking distance to buses and trains (Green Square Station and Parramatta Station).
Give us a call us on 02 9319 5999 Waterloo or 02 8960 9133 Parramatta to discuss your needs so we can help tailor a solution for you.