IMMEX Medical Practitioners
Dr Prabal Kar
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- MD (Psychiatry)
- Diploma in Psychological Medicine
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Foundation Member of Faculty of Forensic Psychiatry within the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- Examiner for the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
Independent Medical Assessment
Fitness for Duty Assessment
Medical Advisory Service
Workers’ Compensation Queensland
NSW Workers’ Compensation
Motor vehicle accidents and CTP claims
Government departments including Education Queensland, local government
Family Court matters
Victims of crimes compensation/p>
Fitness for work assessments for companies and organisations
Permanent Impairment Assessment with GEPI and PIRS
Dr Kar is a practising forensic and clinical psychiatrist. He works in clinical adult psychiatry and medico-legal assessments,
preparing psychiatric reports for civil and criminal matters.
Dr Kar has over 25 years’ experience in psychiatry and commenced his initial training and specialist practice in India.
He moved to Australia in 1994 and worked as a consultant psychiatrist in Victoria. He has worked as a full time
consultant psychiatrist in public hospitals in Victoria and Queensland for 8 years.
He has a particular interest in forensic psychiatry and is a Foundation Member of the Faculty of Forensic Psychiatry
within the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists.
Click here to download and print this profile.
Need help? Use the form below to make an enquiry and one of our team will reply to you shortly.