IMMEX In-House Medical Practitioners
Dr Ron Muratore
MB, BS, Dip Sports Med (Lon), FASMF, FACSEP
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery MB, BS (UNSW)
- Dip. Sports Med, The London Hospital Medical College
- FASMF (Fellow Australian Sports Medicine Federation)
- FACSEP (Fellow Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians)
- Certificate in Medical Acupuncture
- Certificate in Medical Hypnosis
- Motor Accident Authority Evaluation of Permanent Impairment 2000
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME) 2002
- SIRA NSW Trained Assessor of Permanent Impairment Course 2002 and 2011
- SIRA Accredited Injury Management Consultant (IMC)
- COMCARE Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment 2006
- SIRA Authorised Health Practitioner (CTP)
- SMA (Sports Medicine Australia) (formerly ASMF) since 1980. Appointed Hon. Secretary, Vice- President and President of the NSW Branch and Vice-President (medicine) of the National Branch
- Chairman, Order of Fellows, SMA 1998 – 2001
- SIRA Approved Injury Management Consultant since 2000
- Censor-in-Chief SMA 2001 – 2002
- Association of Medico-Legal Consultants 2003 – 2006
- Associate Member of the Australian College of Legal Medicine 2005
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians since 1996
- Medical Director Rugby League World Cup 2008
- NSW Sporting Injuries Committee 2009 – 2012
- Medical Liaison Officer Racing NSW 2013
- Chief Medical Officer National Rugby League (NRL) 2008 – 2014
- Fellow Australian Medico-Legal College 2016
- Clinical lecturer in community medicine at both Sydney University and University of
New South Wales from 1984 – 1994.
- Lecturer in Paediatrics at the St Vincent’s and Balmain Hospitals Schools of Nursing from
1975 – 1984.
- Involved with primary care and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries from 1976 until the present. Originally as a general practitioner and then as a specialist sport and exercise physician from 1996, after obtaining fellowship in the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians. The College was originally called the Australasian College of Sports Physicians.
- Managed musculoskeletal injuries in the general population including, workplace injuries (industrial athletes) and athletes of all levels from week-end warriors to professional footballers, since 1976.
Click here to download and print this profile.
Need help? Use the form below to make an enquiry and one of our team will reply to you shortly.