Occupational Medical Practitioner
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MB BS)
- Occupational Medical Practitioner
- Medical Review Officer
- Graduate Diploma in Occupational and Environmental Health (Monash University)
- Designated Aviation Medical Examiner (DAME) accredited with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA)
- Registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Trainee of the Australasian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (AFOEM)
Skills / Experience:
- Dr Abeydeera spent many years in emergency medicine before moving to occupational medicine. After completing his degree in Sri Lanka, Dr Abeydeera completed his internship in Wales, U.K.
- Dr Abeydeera has experience as a ‘fly in – fly out’ medical practitioner and was involved in health promotion and work place injury prevention in the QLD mining industry.
- Dr Abeydeera is currently studying a Post Graduate Diploma in Occupational and Environmental Health, Monash University, VIC.
- Dr Abeydeera is also working towards becoming an Occupational Physician and a Fellow of the Occupational and Environmental Medicine (AFOEM), which is a faculty of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP).
Click here to download and print this profile.